The Stockman’s Quarters
The Stockman’s Quarters is the heart of Mourachan and the base for our expedition. A rustic outback building that survived the trials of time provides a hot shower, flush toilet, a small kitchen and laundry facilities, meaning this remote location has all the comforts of home… with the addition of waking up to the sound of emus and galahs. Although extremely limited, Wi-Fi is accessible and the camp is equipped with a landline for local calls.
Australia Zoo staff and photographers form the best team possible for your expedition. The team conducting the expedition know the property like the back of their hand, and will share their knowledge of the land and the many animals that call it home.
The following rules apply at all times while on expedition:
- Do not approach any wild animal unless instructed to do so by an Australia Zoo staff member.
- Campfires must be restricted to designated areas to prevent uncontrolled burns.
- If you notice something unsafe, please inform an Australia Zoo staff member as soon as possible.
- Do not leave camp without informing an Australia Zoo staff member.
- Mourachan is a dry camp; no alcohol or illicit substances may be bought onto the property.
We are fortunate enough to share this area with some of the most venomous snakes on the planet, please obey these simple rules:
- Follow the instruction of Australia Zoo staff at all times.
- Report any snake sightings to the Australia Zoo team.
- Wear appropriate footwear at all times.
- Stick to well-used, open trails. In scrubby areas, use a walking stick to alert a snake of your approach.
- Avoid walking through thickly vegetated areas, especially during spring.
- Do not step or put your hands where you cannot see.
The expedition is catered, you will be provided with three meals a day for your trip, as well as snacks. Please inform us of any dietary requirements or allergies in the paperwork that will be sent to you before the trip.